Thursday, January 22, 2009

What drives me?

Well what drives me to design? Well first whenever I look or think about design I'm usually taken back to what brought me on this to this major in the first place which is a basis of graphic art, and comics. One of my favorites is the graphic artist Ian McConville of www.machall.com and www.3panelsoul.com. What draws me is the artistic talent in his style and design of each of the comics through the visual timing and the care that each panel is placed in (although not as prevalent in 3 panel soul as it is set up more in a consistant 3 panel style whereas MacHall he would change up the style).








Basically though I am really attracted to any sort of unusual illustrations/animations. One of which that I have recently found and seen as an inspiration is that of stop motion animation. I think I find this so inspiring is how much preliminary work goes into it in order to go smoothly. I found this video to be incredibly well designed although simple in a rather simple medium of stop motion with a white board.



The last of which is musc and much of the ways that it influences work and can change the mood of certain ads designs ect. I especially love seeing how songs are turned into different music videos and what the concepts behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment