Thursday, January 22, 2009

Top Three Influences Ever!!!!!


What influences artist/designer in my opinion comes down to their culture/upbringing; or atleast that what seems to be the constants that influence me

Family is my first and most substantial influence of what I design. I create characters based of my family, I create art first and foremost that i think they would enjoy, and I create and design to artistacally tell my families story, whether literal or abstract.


My second influence would be popular culture spcefically 1980's cartoons like Transformers, Thundercats, and GI Joe. Coming up I watched a lot of cartoons and these animations have influenced my work fundamental, even my life sadly enough has been skewed by simple cartoon "hero values" like GI Joes "Learning is half the battle."

Technology would be the final factor in what influences me. The want and desire for me to stay current and informed about the newest applications, techniques, and hardware feeds my thirst for knowledge. I love to learn new things.

1 comment:

  1. Thundercats! Hoooooo!!!!
    Did you know that in the first Thundercats episode. Chettarah was actually fully nude??

    ReplyDelete