Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Avery Blog Post #1

I'm addicted to all things retro. Anything that is remotely fragrant of the 60's or 70's immediately draws me in, even if it's considered "modern". I find that there are numerous stylistic similarities between things "modern" and "retro," making my taste fairly easy to pinpoint. For example, simplistic lines, bright colors, interesting shapes, and innovative materials could all describe my "taste." I am also in love with hardwood flooring.


Now, things that inspire me go past things that are modern/retro. If I ever wish to feel inspired, I simply have to visit swissmiss.typepad.com, notcot.org, or veer.com to fulfill my insatiable desire for innovative design.

However, I owe worth1000.com for most every shred of my desire to use Photoshop; the contests there are unbelievably creative, and the users are phenomenal - they are who I aspire to match in terms of skill.

Here's an example of a "RoboRen" contest from Worth1000 (the task was to recreate a Renaissance painting as if it featured a robot):




And for those of you who don't know, Aviary is an amazing tool for when you're on the go. BE IN LOVE WITH IT.
Aviary

No comments:

Post a Comment