Thursday, January 22, 2009

What drives me...

There are loads of useless crap out there in the world, yet there is also a great amount of really amazing things. I always find myself looking at design firms to see what they are up to and am always amazed at their work. My favorite one by far would be Superfad. If you remember back to the Olympics they did the Olympic commercials about the individual athletes. These ads were narrated by Morgan Freeman, you probably remember them, but anyway this is a video that I found to be creative and humorous. 


I have always been in love with the outdoors. From camping to landscape painting to hiking to landscape photography, anything that capture nature. I love the raw power of nature. I love thunder storms. I have a passion for nature photography and often find myself either taking it or looking at it. Some of my favorite images come from HDR photographs of scenes. These photographs offer amazing imagery that wouldn't be captured with normal photography. One of my favorite images (below) is that of the Golden Gate Bridge. I love of depth and the ferocity of the landscape, the coming storm. I find it amazing.

Thanks to my typography class I am plagued with having to look at every poster, sign, newsletter, etc... and attempt to not cringe at most. Most everyone whom has taken a typography class can attest to this feeling. Since then I really notice good typography. I saw this title sequence and found its typography a great example of a good way to use it. The video is featured on this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment