Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shapes and Lines and Dots, Oh My!

Dot, Line, Point

www.psyop.tv/aero - Motion
I really love this company that we found in another class of mine the other day, they have amazing colors and use of shapes. This is a really good example of dots used to create a picture in motion. Really this piece I think is such a great gathering or texture, dots and rhythm, the way thing everything comes together.

http://www.tiptopland.com/ - Website
The use of line in this website is very nice, though sometimes the dots can be a bit distracting, I think the lines are very bold and eyecatching.


Rhythm and Balance

www.psyop.tv/nokia - Motion
The rhythm in this is really subtle but it really stuck with me when I watched it, the way the music flows and the people along with it and as it picks up in speed so does the rhythm in the motion.


http://rareformbranding.com/ - Website
I think this website has a really nice balance between the imagery and the text, it's not too overpowering but your eyes flow really nicely throughout and your eyes seem to fall exactly where they want you too.


Scale


www.psyop.tv/mtvhd - Motion
This is the first piece I saw with this company and it really made me fall in love with them, the way they use the scale of the objects to transition through to new settings was really fluid and done with such amazing skill, you focus in on the birds throughout the entire commercial which keep changing in size and scale.


http://www.kvarch.com/ - Website
The scale used to navigate throughout this website is really amazing and keeps the users attention, its a really nice way to show off your work I think.



Texture


www.psyop.tv/smithnephew- Motion
The texture used in this commercial is just really beautiful as they slowly create each character and where there movement is being focused on, how you can see the yellow path that follows each one, I love how fluid the texture is I think it really matches the feeling of the brand and commercial.

http://www.davebarnes.com/
- Website
I love the texture effect in this website, it gives off the look of cutouts and it all really compliments each other really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment